So agrivated with racial comments!!! VENT!

My DF and I walked outside our home today with our DD and these african american boys were walking down the sidewalk. They looked at us and said VERY loudly "Look, another white girl with a black guy HAHAHAHA". I'm well aware of the fact that I'm white but my DF is not black and even if he was, I'd still lay my head next to his at night. Love knows no color but I'm really sick to my stomach with everyone always having something negative to say about interracial relationships, or the fact that i'm white period. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone call me a "white b*tch", snow flake, snow white, cracker for NO reason. I could handle it the first 100 times but now, it's too much. I'm not hateful towards ANY race, in fact, I'm 25% african american but of course you can't tell by looking at me. What is the deal? Why is my relationship or skin color cause for concern for ANYONE? They don't have to be me & they don't have to sleep with my DF!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• DF is puerto rican by the way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Wow- I'm so sorry you have to put up w/ such ignorance. And that's what it is- ignorance. Dont give them the power to ruin your day. I'm quite shocked that you are dealing w/ this actually. I thought we progressed further as a society- and were just picking on the gays now. (sarcasm- I was not bashing gay people- I love all people who are kind to others) Just hold your head high & love who you love.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My Hubby is half puerto Rican! That is so awesome.
    He is my dd's step father. My dd is half black and I got tons of comments from both black women who were angry at me for whatever reason.
    Then these black guys looked at me to say I know what you did. I just said damn right and I have a beautiful daughter too.
    Strange enough I never had any racism from other white persons, excpet one relative.
    But I get what you mean.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It's ignorance and people need to grow up and get a life, they are not happy with themselves that all
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:18 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I'm sorry you are going through that. IMO as long as your happy with him, then go for it!!!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You can't control them or their thinking. Don't allow others views to run your life or consume you. Just live your life the way you see fit, and don't explain yourself to anyone. Good luck. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• these were children laughing right? children learn from there family/friends.. I live in a mostly african-american neighbor yet I am white no one bothers me, but one of the children did accuses my 12 of being racist which is weird because she is mixed & her best friend is african american. I think racism will always exists as long as there are people who will judge you on looks & not how you act. I encourage you to remain nice, respectful to them even if they get mean, it will be impossible for them to keep being mean to someone who is always nice to them even though they don't deserve it. I agree real love sees no color.. I am proud to say my brother married an african american woman & loves her.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Isn't it a shame that a race that has been so discriminated against can be so intolerant of other races? The only times I've ever encountered racism is a black person against a white person. I'm not racist, and I don't see why a white person is the epitome of evil if they say the "N" word, and black people can say "cracker", "snowflake" and the rest and think of it as ok. I don't say or agree with saying the "N" word, thats not what I'm saying, but why is it ok for black people to call white people racist names?
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i have the same issues because my kids are mixed,, especially since obama took office. if they say it in front of my kids i comment back.. if not i just ignore it.. but i make sure my kids know to stand up for themselves..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Such ignorance! Sweetie, don't sweat the slurs... Just know that you are above that mess, and they're just showing their raising! People will talk, there's just no way around it. Until everyone in the world is the same color, there will be hate for different colors.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:42 PM on May. 11, 2011