Why does my 1 1/2 year old eat his poo on a daily basis? adult content

Is it related to Autism?

NicoleRing2011

Asked by NicoleRing2011 at 2:11 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow, i don't know. but you're his mother, and he's a toddler, can't you prevent this from happening on a daily basis by monitoring him closer?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:13 PM on May. 11, 2011

• How does he have access to the feces without your knowledge? Call your Pediatrician ASAP.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh wow! I don't have any experience with autism but it seems like there should be something that you are able to do to keep him from doing this...it can't possibly be healthy...I would start with keeping a closer eye on him
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2011

• this is a normal baby thing that he will continue doing & very unhealthy .. so watch him carefully, & if needed put duct tape on his diaper make sure it doesn't touch his skin
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:20 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Probably because he's left unsupervised long enough to do so? Unless he's doing this at nap time, I'm pretty sure if you are keeping a close enough eye on him you can prevent this. If it is happening at nap/night time try waiting for him to go before putting him down, or putting a sleeper/onsie on him so he can't get inside his diaper. That is most definitely not normal, healthy, or safe and needs to be stopped NOW.
    Anonymous

• Does he do it when he wakes up from a nap or something? I'm sorry but I don't see how a toddler could get away with eating poop so often without you catching it before it happens. Well, maybe when he gets really sick from the bacteria in his feces you'll pay better attention.
    Anonymous

• yeah...I'm with the majority. Either YOU aren't doing your job or YOU are just nuts. This is possible once maybe...but, "DAILY BASIS" should NEVER happen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• because you let him.. if a kid is diong that you need to change them immediately after they go and not allow them to touch it. are you aware of how sick it could make your child???

seriously, not trying to be a bitch but you obviously need to pay more attention to your child.. the fact he's able to do this daily shows neglect on your part as a parent
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I HOPE YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS ANONYMOUS... LOOK UP WHY THEY DO THIS NOT TELL ME I AM A BAD MOTHER.... FIRST OF ALL HE IS MY 3RD CHILD AND A LOT HAS HAPPENED... DIDNT KNOW I WAS GOING TO B CRITSIZED ON HERE... I WAS ASKING FOR HELP... I DO WATCH HIM. HE DOES IT AT ALL TIMES OF THE DAY, AND RESEARCH SHOWS DIFFERENT THINGS, I WAS WONDERING IF ANY MOTHERS HAVE EXPERIENCED IT... NOT A BLAH BLAH ON HERE FOR WHO IS A BETTER MOTHER. QUIT JUDGE'N AND START HELPING.... THIS IS BULLSHIT... DO U HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
    NicoleRing2011

Comment by NicoleRing2011 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• If my 18month old was EATING HIS POOP DAILY....I wouldn't be on here asking and I would be duct taping his diaper or putting him in backwards footie pajamas or something. And secondly, my child never attempted to eat his poop even one time god forbid daily. Get him to a doctor and get yourself in parenting class. And if you cannot do better..get help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:30 PM on May. 11, 2011