So what do you do if you get ear gauging and regret it?

A lot of pre-teens and teens 13-15 in our town have gotten their ears gauged recently. I'm curious, what happens if you changed your mind afterwards? Som of these kids did the one where they punched a whole piece of tissue out.

sneakyboo

Asked by sneakyboo at 2:12 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• doing reconstructive surgery on an earlobe is NOT an easy procedure, there are very little blood vessels in the ear lobe to help with healing. I can't stand the gauged earings. So for kids that get the big ones, have fun with stupid looking ears! lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Im pushing my kids towards a career in piercing reconstructive surgery..... there will be a HUGE market for it when these ding bats grow up!!!

Anonymous

• OUCH! I have NO idea what they're going to do... I wouldn't let my dd do it, because I know when she's ready for a career, she'll be extremely limited.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• probably surgery.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yeah , id be sorry now if i did it when younger , i have 18 regular ear piercings , but big holes i would be sorry now
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had three piercings each in my ears. All of them were gauged. I went down to a size 0. When I got tired of it I took them out and they went back to normal.
    I never had my ears pierced gauged though, so I have no idea how thats going to look.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Over time it closes back, so if u gauge it eventually it goes back
    NicoleRing2011

Answer by NicoleRing2011 at 2:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i had my ears gauged to a 0g which is about the size to where you could put a pencil in them and they shrunk back down to normal pretty quickly. ive heard you can go like a size or two bigger than a 0 and they will still shrink. the guy I'm seeing right now had his to a few inches and he got his cut off because it was cheaper than getting reconstrutive surgery. it looks like he got his ear lobes bitten off by a shark lol I would never go bigger than a 0 for that reason.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Elsa-Cut off? OOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!
    sneakyboo

Comment by sneakyboo (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a friend who had his ears gauged to an inch and after taking them out they went back to normal. From what I've seen if you go beyond an inch that's where you start to get into permanent damage of the lobes.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 2:37 PM on May. 11, 2011