Does this seem expensive?

My car insurance is $139 a month, I have no points on my record. Where should I shop around?

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 4:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Shopping

• Depends on your age and coverage. For full coverage, I would have been paying about the same until my 25th birthday...then it dropped considerably. I don't have any accidents or tickets either...I got one ticket when I was 17 and I think they only keep them on your driving record 3 years.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• What kind of car is it? It never hurts to shop around.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That's about what mine is, for full coverage since I'm still making payments on my car. Plus my car is a Mustang so it's rated higher.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Ours is more expensive, because we live in CA, but when living in the midwest, I was most pleased with AAA.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 4:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Darn it :(

Thanks ladies
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Depends on how old you are,,, How many cars you own,,, If they are new(as in not payed for),,, or old(payed for),,, What your deductible is,,,Wear you live. Different types of cars have different prices of Insurance too. Full coverage is higher too

Answer by louise2 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It seems fair assuming you're under the age of 25. We drive a 08 Dodge Grand Caravan and we both are 25...and it's much higher than what you're paying. :(
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• This is funny, I did actually save hundreds of dollars by switching to Geico. hahahahaha
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You need to shop around.
    Insurance rates do not only depend on your history, but also your age, the area in which you live, information about your vehicle, whether your vehicle is for pleasure or work, and the type of coverage you are paying for. If it is your only vehicle, or the best vehicle you own, then you want full coverage. The higher your deductible, the lower your rate.

Be sure to ask different insurance companies - seriously.

Oh, and if you stick with one insurance company for several years, be sure to call them every 6 months to a year to go over your policy to see if all the information is up-to-date and if they have any new discounts they can apply to you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The above also applies to homeowners insurance, but they also take your credit history into account, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:59 AM on Dec. 26, 2008