How many have lost jobs in the past 3 months?

just wondering, what kind of christmas this is going to be for a lot of our children :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband lost his job 6 months ago...... no luck finding anything as of yet, and it's not like he isn't trying...... things suck right now!
    Anonymous

• I just got a new job, it only pays 9.50 an hr but i'll take it!
    Anonymous

• Don't know the numbers for the last three months but the jobs report today says over half a million were laid off just last month. Sad, really sad.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• This has been a hard reality to swallow. I was just praying this a.m. about how to reach out to some of these families because I work for a company that is great that isn't laying people off, but searching for more hard workers to be on their team.
    For all affected by this tremendously difficult time in our country, please know that all of us are feeling it with you and would do anything to make it better.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 4:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That was a really nice supportive thing to say TeaAnderson. You must be a very nice person to know.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• hubby's hours just got cut. our xmas was going to be minuscule anyway.
    Anonymous

• I had to close my business this month. I had my own shop as a massage therapist in a very small town. Was not making any money before I had my baby, and hadn't brought in any business these last two months. :( But Christmas will be fine. New born doesn't need much and my 15 year old just wants a new cell phone! :) I am applying for a census bureau worker that will start work in Jan or February. Hope to get that work. Boyfriend has work and hopefully won't be laid off.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 8:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i lost my job 8 months ago and then my husband just lost his this monday. what christmas? we are just getting the kids x box live for both of them but this is something they wanted.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• After 3 months, I have a new job, my husband is still looking. ... As for children - make it an old-fashioned Christmas: Check into Tasha Tudor's books in the library for traditions and activities which are deeply satisfying and fun and cost little. The Christmas season lasts from Thanksgiving until a week after Epiphany (3 Kings' Day), so there are many days to make wonderful REAL Christmas memories !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• my hubby got supossedly only temporarily laid off last month......seeing as how rather or not they hire back depends on rather or not the economy gets better I am doubtful it will actually happen. And unemployment sucks. We are getting less than a 1/4 of what he was making, and less than minimum wage :( It's better than nothing though I guess
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2008