School question????

My 10 year old son plays baseball, one of his teammates got suspended for three days. That would have made it for today, Thursday and Friday. Their field day is on Friday, it's just a no work school day with inflatables for them to play in all day. He was suspended through Friday, but allowed to come to field day? I don't think this is right, if it were my child I would keep him home myself. Anyone else agree?

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:27 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• He shouldn't be allowed to go to Field Day... He's suspended.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• If the kid was suspended for 3 days, then that is 3 days no matter what is going on in the school.

You're right, he should have to stay home.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 2:30 PM on May. 11, 2011

• What the heck did a 10 yr old do that was so bad it required a 3 day suspension????

Anonymous

• boy oh boy...... sounds like he needs to stay home and get counseling. Gee I have a 10 yr old and they are still little kids... what does a 10 yr old have to fight about?????

Anonymous

• Good lord...sounds like the school is wimping out worse than some parents. That's like saying "you're grounded this weekend except for all the fun stuff you had planned"
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Speaking as a retired Teaching Assistant, he should be suspended for the three days with no other perks. Responsible parents would keep him home during Field Day. Fighting should never be tolerated.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree he needs to stay home.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 8:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• he has gotten in fight after fight. I think they are just tired of giving him second chances. JMO
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yes he does need to be kept home if he was suspended through Friday then he shouldn't be allowed to participate in the fun activities either
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:35 AM on May. 16, 2011

• There isn't a snow balls chance in hell that any of my kids would have been kept home from school. I'd make him go and watch from the side lines with me right next to them. I don't tolerate fighting. I can deal with my kids being little hellions at home, but they best respect teachers and school. They know better.
    Patti_Mayo

Answer by Patti_Mayo at 10:27 AM on May. 16, 2011