ARE YOU WILLING TO JOIN PRESIDENT OBAMA'S CALL FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM

I got this letter and thought some of you might be interested in signing. If not, why?

http://www.barackobama.com/Immigration-Reform-Signon?source=20110510_BO_txt&keycode=&firstname=&lastname=&email=christyharlan%40embarqmail.com&zip=28602

CHarlan

Asked by CHarlan at 2:28 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure, But, let me word it differently, New Immigration Laws--
    Illegal? Get out, go home and don't come back till you can do it legally LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE. Want baby to be a citizen? Don't come here hoping to get your free healthcare and citizenship for your kid. You will be sent home, with or without the kid, your choice. Just want a job? Get a legal work visa, work and go home. You are sorely mistaken if you think our businesses will hire you. The new laws will charge them huge fines and a year in jail, no excuses. They don't want you to be the reason they lose their livelyhood.. Think you want to try and get away with it? Don't bother, new laws will allow authorities to ask you for your papers when you try and get a drivers license, enroll your kids in school, get any government aide or go to an emergency room. If you are caught, you will be sent back no questions asked and will find the border impenetrable.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:09 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I do not agree with his idea of reform. I am with PP I am for ENFORCMENT. It is a huge slap in the face to all those who did it right and paid their dues! Amnesty for people who have already proven they will break the law when they feel they "need" too is just a little insane.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You believe campaign speeches? Really?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't side with the president as far as immigration reform. I personally think immigration laws should be ENFORCED.
    Anonymous

• YES!! Answer by sweet-a-kins 8 minutes ago

Now, you I am not suprised you buy into the hopenchage spiel.... Your infamous for your love for Obama... But hopefully the OP is smarter than that..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:45 PM on May. 11, 2011

• nahhh..i'm all for stricter immigration laws and enforcing the ones already in place.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No, I see no reason to give what amounts to amnesty to those who broke the law by coming here illegally.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:19 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No thanks, I agree with anon, momof03, itsmesteph, dullscissors, grly and meriana...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No. The man took an oath to enforce the laws of the country he begged to lead. He needs to get off his duff and either enforce our laws, including those pertaining to immigration and illegal entry into this country ... or sit down, shut up, and let the states do it.

Personally, I'd rather the states take care of it. We could close all those wasteful federal offices, drop a bunch of underworked/overpaid ICE and other immigration workers from the payroll, and start cleaning up the mess.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:14 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My views are the complete opposite of his. But then again, he is just trying to buy votes.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:13 PM on May. 11, 2011