Is it wrong of me to feel this way?

My sons father only been involved in his life for 7 months and got himself into another relationship he hasnt seen his son for 3 years 5 months and only had help me from may 2010 to december and stopped completely..well yesterday i found out he is having another baby with his current gf now and im mad and upset about it and i know it seems selfish of me to feel the way i do but it just makes me so mad that he could barely support his first born and he goes on ahead and have a baby with another..iam currently engaged to my fiance and we have a 1 year old together yea right why should i be mad since i got a baby from another man but see if ppl knew the situation they would understand but i took care of my son since i was 16 and did it on my own and met my fiance when i had moved from mass to atl and been with him ever since and decided to have a bby together..my fiance been taking care of my son since he was 1 and he is now 3 turning 4 in august and takes care of his own daughter..but i total flipped when i heard my ex is expecting and that he claims he care for my son when he dont he only cared when he got scared about child support and when i finally put him on he doesnt call or write or nothing i havent spoke to him in almost 6 months..i wouldnt as upset if he actually did take care of his son and see him but he dont is it worng for me to be mad or feel the way that i do it sounds so stupid right i guess i just feel more betrayed something along that line..

ProudMami1990

Asked by ProudMami1990 at 2:41 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont think its wrong for you to be upset, because I think I would be to. Its unfair to you and your child, but what you should be happy about is you have a wonderful man in your life now, and hes all the father your child will need. Holding onto that anger is not worth it hunny...Dont stress yourself out about it because at the end of the day you have a wonderful family at home, and dont need him. Good luck to you and ur family :)
    Nathonsmama

Answer by Nathonsmama at 2:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I think it's natural. He has a child that he doesn't see or take care of, but yet he's going to have another child, and likely be around to raise that child. Your child is getting "ripped off". I can see why it would bother you. Just keep in mind that you have a man in your life that takes care of your child, and that's what matters. It is sad for your son, but he has you and he has your fiance.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I definitely think it is different for you than it is for him, because first, you HAVE your child and you SUPPORT your child and the sibling will be with you all the time. What he is doing is making a second family when he isn't taking care of the first, and I hate to say it, but he is probably going to short change your child even more now. Try to enjoy the family you have.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You have every right to be upset but you cannot allow his actions to consume your life. If you're happy in the relationship your in now and you're satisfied in the direction your life is heading, then concentrate on that aspect for the sake of your children...you cannot make this man be a father to his son, you have a wonderful man in his life now, therefore, be thankful for that and enjoy your family...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• *huggles* i would feel the same way.. minus another kid. I am not ready for another one. where you were :)
    so yeah power to the mama.. and try to stay higher than he is on your horse.. hes a dick and you arent. <3 but i know how you feel if that would happen i would flip out on my ex. I am working on changing our custody stipulations because he sent me txts that scared me that he was going to harm himself :( and he was suposed to take my daughter for the summer.. yeah right...
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 7:31 PM on May. 11, 2011