Asked for the bottle of wine back....

On Mother's Day my husband borrowed a bottle of white wine to cook with. Today my mil called and asked me if I had the bottle of white wine. It was half gone and was gone by Tuesday. Now I hope my hubby does not give me a hard time about drinking it. What should I say.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Call your DH & tell him to buy a bottle & drop it off to his Mom. You are an adult you are allowed to drink, it's not against the law. Heck I'd tell him to go buy a case & bring the rest home!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• How do you "borrow" a bottle of wine? That is like asking to borrow a piece of chewing gum! LOL :)
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 2:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Just go buy a replacement bottle. If she asks,either tell her the truth or say it got spilled

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• "I drank it". And buy her some more if it's that serious. Glad my MIL would never do that.
    Ttcbabyclegg

Answer by Ttcbabyclegg at 2:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Surely it must have been a bottle of "fine" wine if she's even asking for it......but who does that?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• OK he took a new bottle from her but she oked with us. The she was cooking someithing and asked for it back...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Is it incredibly expensive? I would just say that it was gone, thank her for letting you use it on that day, and offer to buy another bottle. Hopefully nobody gives you too hard a time about it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• That is very odd to ask for it back.

But I think giving her a replacement bottle is just fine. Unless you took care of corking it with one of the corks that draws the air out who in their right mind would want to drink it 4 day later.
    Anonymous

• happyWell, go buy a new one........drink half........give her half...........

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:54 PM on May. 11, 2011

• She will give the shirt off her back but she is funny when it involves even a cheap bottle of wine. I just hope my hubby doesn't go into you drank the rest mode???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on May. 11, 2011