Woman with terminal breast cancer loses custody of her children to father who lives 600 miles away is the judge right?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 3:03 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• The first thing that comes to mind for me is what is that going to do to the mom. I know that she may be too far advanced and she may not be able to care for them but now that they are 600 miles away when is she going to see them? My kids are my life and if they were taken away from I would give up. They may be been the only thing keeping her going and now they are gone.
    MsCatherine

Answer by MsCatherine at 3:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't know what's right for them, but it sounds like a really sad situation.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yes
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 3:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The judge may be looking at the best interest of the child. The mom is terminal, the father is willing to take them full time.

Honestly, even looking at the story, I'm sure that we don't have all of the details here.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Don't know enough about the case to know. The judge may be correct if mom's cancer is so far advanced that she cannot care for anyone but herself.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would need to know more about the case but my gut says no.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Google the today page for details
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 3:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sorry, can you link me something that I can read rather than to a video? Having some issues with videos here.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• sorry there is just the video I looked for one but have yet to find one I can go back and look again
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I found some articles. And I know this won't be popular... but I DO think the decision is in the best interest of the children. If I was Alaina Giordano, I would WANT my children to be with their dad. I would NOT want them seeing me go through palliative care only. I wouldn't want them to see me weakening. I would NEVER want to risk them seeing me die.

I lost both my parents to cancer. NEITHER of them wanted to see my son when they reached end stage; they wanted to shield him from that. He was 6 when my dad died, 7 when my mother passed. They both loved him dearly enough to spare him.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:32 PM on May. 11, 2011