Help please :)

Does being 75% effaced mean I am getting close to dilating or am I still far away? I am VERY new to this so I don't know much about it. Can I get it to speed up in any way? 37w 5d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it oculd mean youre close or it could still be a while...
    Anonymous

• that means that your cervix is 75% thinned and yes you are getting ready to have your baby...congrats!!!
    bdmartin_81

Answer by bdmartin_81 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It mean your cervix is thinning which is good news but it could take awhile still for you to actually go into labor. If your OB says it's ok have sex and lots of it. lol There is something in semen that helps to thin the cervix and speed stuff up. Good luck and congrats on your baby!

kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• The only things that help progress labor (notice I didn't say start labor) is sex, semen softens the cervix, and the orgasm can help naturally kick start contractions. You can also have your membranes stripped, but they usually wait till right before your due date to go that far. Other than this just walk and be patient!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008