How many clothes does a 3 and 6 year old need?

You would think I know since they are my kids, but honestly I don't know lol. People gave me the kids clothes so I didn't ever have to buy any until now. I am going to buy them some shirts to go with their shorts that they don't have shirts for. They don't need anymore shorts for summer, but they need summer pjs. My oldest she has probably about 2 night gowns and 1 pants, but has a tank top shirt for bed. My youngest has no summer pjs what so ever so for right now she has been wearing her sisters shirts to bed until we get them some clothes. Also how much winter clothes do they need? My oldest is in school and has uniforms she has to wear to school. My youngest goes to school, but doesn't have to wear uniforms. So I am trying to figure how much I need for both girls. Both are well over potty trained as well so they normally only change once a day and then pjs at night. My oldest since she wears uniforms to school she does sometimes change into something else or sometimes she doesn't just depends if she wants to change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd say it depends on how often you want to do laundry.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I am trying to finish up and start doing them once a day or at least every 2-3 days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I like to have a minimum of 10 outfits per season per child, but I usually end up with much more than that by the end of the season. They could get by on less since I do laundry fairly often, but I don't like to see them wearing the exact same outfit more than once in a week. If they had uniforms I'd probably want at least 5 uniforms for each.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It really just depends on your prefernce but I like the idea of about 10 outfits, gets you thur the week without having to do laundry if you can't get to it. My son has gone thru alot of pants this winter, between outgrowing them and wearing the knees out of them!
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Geez my kids probably rotate about 25-30 outfits each between what people give us and what I buy for them. Besides school clothes though (3-6 outfits) I buy ALL the kids clothes from thrift stores. #1 it saves me a ton of money #2 I find tons of nearly new things for them brand name for next to nothing #3 I feel like I am giving the clothes a second chance to stay out of a landfill.

Do they need that many clothes Hell no, their mom is just a shop a holic. ten oufits each sounds reasonable
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 6:27 PM on May. 11, 2011