Do you or do you have to put a onsie on under a newborns clothes in the summer?

I am due Aguest 9th. I have summer clothes for the baby so I dought she will be in a onsie all day since i have outfits. But my question is if she is born in August isn't that to hot to put a onsie on under the outfits? It gets to like 90-95 degrees here usually in the summer. I have 2 other kids, but can't remember what I did with my oldest who was born at the end of april and my youngest was born in January so I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dress your baby comfortably. If it's too hot outside for you to wear more than one layer, it's too hot for your baby to wear more than one layer.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 3:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes you have to, the parenting police will arrest you if you don't.

NO YOU DON"T HAVE TO. You're the parent, clothe your child as you deem appropriate for the weather.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• you dress them how YOU would be comfortable. If you would be hot with an undershirt, so would the baby. If you would be hot wrapped in a blanket, so would the baby.... and so on. If you would be most coo wearing nothing but a sleeveless shirt and panties... Well, the baby can get away with that!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I NEVER put a onsie on under clothes. He wore and outfit or a onsie, not both.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• that's a good one, but i think a onsie is all you should need, my dd is 4months now and it been getting warm out, so i will put on a onsie and pants and that's all
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't think it's neccessary, just make sure you put them in the shade and not in direct sunlight, that's all. My son was born in June and he spent the beginning months of his life just in a diaper when outside. They say to dress them like you would dress yourself.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• In the summer all my kids wore was a onesie. No pants or other clothes over it. It was way too hot. My youngest was born in mid-July during that heat wave.

This was him in early August...it was in the upper 90s and he was about 3 weeks old.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• In the summer all my kids wore was a onsie. It was just easier for us. I didn't like two piece outfits because when you are trying to position the baby for burping, the shirts would always sort of ride up and i just thought a onsie would be cooler and comfortable on them. But is is your choice on what you put on yout baby. There is not right or wrong . It is a preference. If you don't like onsies put her on a cute outfit and enjoy how cute she will be. Good Luck.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 4:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No, my son was born at the end of may and all he wore during the summer was onsies. But it is up to you how you dress your baby.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I put on onesies when the fabric is harsh etc but like the othe rposters thats all my kids wore when they were little with a sleeper on at night in the ac
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:07 PM on May. 11, 2011