ANYONE EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE

Just looking for some info, I would love to plan for my family to go on one. Where did you go, and was everything included? How much did it cost?

nandbsmom

Asked by nandbsmom at 3:25 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Travel

• Yes, hubby and I went on Carnival out of Baltimore for our honeymoon last June. It was a first for us both. We absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!! We had ports in Cape Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport
    Everything is mostly included. Anything alcoholic is NOT included and any excursions off the ship are not included, along with if you want to play bingo or gamble.... and of course buy any trinkets.
    There is MORE than enough to keep you busy ALLLL day and most of night. The food is wonderful and on our ship pizza and ice cream is available 24hrs a day.
    As far as the cost, I dont remember.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:33 PM on May. 11, 2011

• So all of the food was included?
    nandbsmom

Comment by nandbsmom (original poster) at 3:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Been on a bunch of cruises. They vary in price according to how many days & the type of room. We always go an outside room with a balcony. I could not be in an inside room, to claustrophobic for me. Everything is included on the boat except for booze, excursions & of course money for gambling. The food is included but some have special restaurants on board that you pay extra but it's not mandatory. There is always a lot of food elsewhere but we like to try the specialty restaurants too. I love to cruise. It really is the least expensive vacation that includes food & Islands. The newer the boat the better!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• This was the interior of ship/elevators.

Yes, all food was included! We took the opportunity to try LOTS of different things that we normally wouldnt. Our room was not the bottom of the barrel rooms, but the next size up. The room was larger than I thought it would be. The bathroom was small. For the amt of time that we were in the room, I'm glad we did not splurge for something bigger. But I'd assume that all ships would vary in size.

MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 4:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Every cruise is a little different. As far as cost, it just depends on the type of room and the cruise line that you choose. A good website to look at if you are doing research is cruisecritic.com
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• absolutely! NCL is one of my favorites.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 10:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Been on 12 of them....
    Most things are included except for spa visits, cokes, alcohol, gambling, specialty coffees and desserts, excursions...water, tea and coffee is included, buffets, dining room meals are included as well. There are specialty restaurants on most ships and those are an extra charge as well.
    I've been to: Puerto Rico, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Aruba, Venezuela, St. Thomas, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico ( different places), Grand Cayman, Belize, and Honduras. We have gone on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We have already booked a cruise for Feb. 2012 on the Carnival Dream for 7 days. We get a balcony as well...we typically spend around $3500-$4000 for the 4 of us for a balcony, excursions, shopping, extras....
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 5:01 PM on May. 13, 2011