Latest poll says........

That Obama is favored by 60% to win the next election, thoughts??????? The poll came in AOL news and I am using safe mode in my computer, so I can't provide any links for you.

Asked by older at 3:25 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I think that's accurate at this point. With the uncertainty about the republican candidate, I would expect Obama to lead in the polls.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:23 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Things changed a lot the day after UBL was killed, things will most likely change again...

_________________________

I really hope things change again, our nation couldn't survive another 4 years with him as president.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:30 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Poll respondents were:

46 percent identify as Democrat or leaning Democrat, 29 percent identify as Republican or leaning Republican, 4 percent identify as purely independent leaning towards neither party, and 20 percent answered, “I don’t know.”

From Latest AP Poll Sample Skews to Democrats by 17 Points
    May 11, 2011 8:55 A.M.
    By Jim Geraghty blog
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 3:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• With a poll sample that has a 17-percentage-point margin in favor of the Democrats, is anyone surprised that these results look like a David Axelrod dream?

(Interestingly, George W. Bush is at 50 percent approval, 49 percent disapproval, even in this sample wildly weighted in favor of the Democrats.)

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/266932/latest-ap-poll-sample-skews-democrats-17-points

DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I read that too Anna...so evening it up some by taking away the 17 point advantage that would put him at 43%.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• A poll done two years in advance of an election without clear running mates doesn't mean much. People are fickle.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:13 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yup. Let's see the longevity of his positive numbers compared to the trend over the last year. Polls can be fun to watch over the long haul.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• wow..just think of the money he could save, or throw into a more worthy pot (rather than campaigning), if he just stopped now.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• He got a bounce which is fine. It was good thing. The election is a long way off. He can't have an event like UBL over and over. He will think that he is 'loved' now and show his true colors soon enough. Let him have his bounce. No worries. He will not serve too terms.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:09 PM on May. 11, 2011

• LOL! I was wondering how long it would take to get that out here. Really surprised it took this long. All I could figure was Liberals knew it was a farce and didn't want to bring attention to it.

What I think? I think, while we know AP is left wing news all day every day I wonder just how we are supposed to interpret any poll during this election. They are all the same and the left will befalling all over themselves to make Obama look good.
    I think I'll stick to Rasmussen a well known middle of the road pollster who was dead on during the last election. Screw having to try and decide if I should believe anyone elses polls.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:42 PM on May. 11, 2011