My house is trashed and I can't keep up.

I have 4 kids and a 3 story house. I cannot possibly do it all on my own. I get so behind on stuff although I do try to keep up I also sometimes get sucked into the t.v. or the internet and don't feel like getting up and cleaning- a little laziness creepin in. How do you do it all?

{ps} my dh does help out here and there and my kids have chores but not enough I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It feels like somedays I clean and clean and clean and I go to sleep and first thing in the morning my house is horrifying... It's like little monsters break out of wherever they hide and wreck the place. I'm trying to go through things and get rid of things that aren't essential but I guess I'm not doing it fast enough lol.
    kalie691

Answer by kalie691 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2012

• My house is also trashed. I will get it sparkly clean. It lasts for one day, then it's a wreck again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• YAY !! I finally don't feel alone!! I'm a stay at home mom - I feel like I spend all day cleaning up after every body else.. and then they come home from school - and i'm back to square one!! (i have 5 kids)
    Seriously things have improved recently - Take one room at a time!! Limit your time you spend so you don't get burnt out.
    When I first started getting my house back to less cluttered - I was overwhelmed - but as the days have gone by - the house is starting to look pretty good.

Try the Fly Lady - GREAT TIPS for getting in control of the chaos !!!
    http://flylady.net/
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:01 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Depending on how old your kids are I would give more chores. Also do a few rooms a day, doing the whole house at once is going to be to much.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I feel like I am always cleaning.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• have certain things you make yourself do before you get online or turn the tv on. Go around house picking thins up and put everything away, make beds, swish and swipe bathrooms. Then do a quick tidy up before you go to bed. Put dishes in dishwasher or a sink of soapy water as you use them. If you just get that much done, things won't look so bad, and you might be inspired to clean more.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Spend the weekend getting it all clean.. No distractions.. And then make a chart.... Monday-- sweep and mop Tuesday, bathrooms and laundry, so on and so forth.... Every day clean the kitchen and all dishes... It would take you max two hours a day to keep it clean....
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:16 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Take one floor a day. Dont try to do it all at once.
    Maybe playing some music while you clean will distract you from the TV or Computer.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 9:56 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Everyday I have a list of stuff I want to get done. If I accomplish it I am good for that day
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 2:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Throw in the towel and just do a little every day! I tried doing it all everyday and I was so exhausted and grumpy lol I used to drive DH nuts saying the house was a disaster if there were a few bowls in the sink, laundry on top of my bed, and a blanket on the couch, but now eh, that is a clean house!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:37 PM on May. 11, 2011