If your kids are older-no more babies

Are you excited about that or do you want more babies? After having 4 kids, I am ready to kind of re-start my adult life with no babies, that are SO demanding. It's just a nice new phase that I really am loving. I never thought I would ever stop wanting to have babies but holy moly once i was done, i was DONE;) How do you feel about it?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 3:39 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was always a "one and done" kind of person. I like my daughter more now that she is older and we can actually talk to each other.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I am excited, I love kids, but not enough for another one. Hopefully I will be a grandmother some day, not anytime soon though I hope. So I just look forward to that.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Well, I do have a baby but before I got pregnant with him I was looking forward to it. My youngest at the time was turning 4 and she had just 1 more year until kindergarten. Both me and my husband had started talking about what we would do with all 4 kids in school full time...how we could actually go out and do stuff alone, hold hands, etc. Stuff we hadn't been able to do in over 10 years. And then I found out I was pregnant, lol. I had just gotten used to the idea of 4 kids and moving on with my life, too. Now we're starting over. The youngest dd starts kindergarten in the fall. The older 3 kids will be going into 6th, 4th and 3rd grades. And the baby will be turning 1 in July. Another 4 years until we are on our own (he is the absolute last unless I'm one of the 1% that has a tubal fail).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I knew as soon as I had my son that I was done. I got one of each and that was it. I have never ever had the feeling of wanting another- and they are 17 and 14 now
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel...no more babies for me either and I couldn't be happier. I like them so much more now that they are older, granted the youngest is only 5 but to know I have no diapers, no bottles, no packing the entire house just to go grocery shopping, etc...what a wonderful feeling. Don't get me wrong, I loved my babies when they were babies and I wouldn't change that time for anything in the world but I'm so ready to start focusing more on other things...it opens up a whole new world now that they are getting older.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I hope you have closed the baby factory for good, I thought I was done too when my girls were 9 and 10, and at 39 I had a boy!

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Thanks PP, I am pretty sure, considering I had a Tubal and my dh had a vasectomy. I told you I was done! No chances here:)
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I always knew I wanted 2 kids and no more ... my eldest goes off to college in the fall. Though I sometimes miss their younger years, I've never had baby fever/the itch to have another. Rather, I've enjoyed and appreciated EVERY stage of their lives and since I wasn't harping on another child, I can really say that I lived in the moment and was always present during their formative years.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I am so glad to be out of the pregnancy / baby / toddler years! Life is so much easier and we're able to do more things and have more fun now that they're older. I'm very glad to be done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Tubes tied - DONE~

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:31 PM on May. 11, 2011