Muslims: Just a question I do apologize if offense is taken

Why do the Al Qaeda hate america so? I know they are Muslims and have heard that they are radicals in their religion and that Muslim is a religion of peace, but then why the Jihad? I'm sorry I just still do not understand...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• me either
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has something to do with the way the Koran is interpreted. Just like there are Christians who practice "radical" Christianity with snakes and the like, there are followers of other religions who do the same.
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 3:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Same reasons why any other extremist group hates any country.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Christianity is a religion of peace, no? Do the Crusades mean anything to you?
    Any group can use any religion as a tool to justify hate and violence.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Why are we disliked? There is a long history there. Before the state of Israel was founded, the U.S. was the good guy in the middle east. Our policy of fighting communism using Muslim extremists by training them to be guerrillas and terrorists, then the U.S. didn't like the Pan Arab attempt at a cohesiveness and set sect against sect, causing unrest in the area.   We funneled money in with little oversight which resulted in major changes to infrastructure while neglecting the welfare of the people in individual states. 

We haven't even addressed the plight of the Palestinians

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• They are an extremist group who have distorted the religion of Islam based on geo-political issues and grievances. (yes we do have fault - we as in the US and things the gov't has done) The issues aren't even religious in nature, they just bastardize the faith to justify their actions and claims.

I highly suggest reading "A World Without Islam" - it goes into the issue pretty well.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree that they are an extremist group who are strong in what they believe but to me it is no different than other religious groups going to war in the name of their god(s)
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Jihad means to struggle.. not war or kill everyone.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• In general, I think many take issue with US foreign policy at a political level, and some co-opt religion to drive the point home.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:50 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Goodluck getting a muslim to answer this question.
    Anonymous