Teacher called

my dd spanish teacher called me today at work to tell me that my dd was chewing gum in class along with a group of other girls, he ask her to stop and she kept right on chewing and even pop a bubble, so he gave her in school suspension were she has to be in school an hour and half earlier, well she deserves that, but i'm so upset cause she disrespected the teacher and she knows there will be punishment for that, so i don't understand why she thought she can get away with undermining an adult. I told him he will be getting an apology letter from her when she returns to his class.

ttk2

Asked by ttk2 at 4:02 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Good for you mom!

Answer by older at 4:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I am so glad that you didn't say how you thought it was too much to get a suspension or that it wasn't that big of a deal. I hear that so often. With that said, kids push the limits sometimes. She recieved her punishment and you are backing up the teacher. I think the apology letter is a great idea.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• thanks ladies, i know when i get home she is going to try and tell how it happened but i don't want to hear it, my dd sometimes follow others i believe to be in the popular crowd, but that's getting old and she has to face up to her own responsibility
    ttk2

Comment by ttk2 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• it the old addive - give an inch and they'll take a mile...
    good job, Mom..
    so many parents now a days, jump to defind thier kids.. not wanting them to be punished.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• good job on your part and keep it up
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Good for you for siding with the Teacher. Now your DD will always know that "challenging the authority" will only get her in trouble.
    Perhaps she is a hero in front of her crowd for not following teachers others but that's another issue to be discussed.....
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 7:36 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Good for you I don't know if you are a fan of spanking but mine would be getting his butt burned as soon as be got home
    Mattsmom361

Answer by Mattsmom361 at 7:45 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Wow- I would have thanked him for punishing my kid! lol I can't stand defiance or disrespect in a child- the worst disservice you can do a child is not to correct them for it. Good for you, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:01 AM on May. 16, 2011