any ideas for a care package to Iraq?

a friend of mine need some ideas for her uncle, anyone have any ideas, so far she has cookies and CDs... please help...

NiekaC

Asked by NiekaC at 4:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• http://www.iianc.com/html/iraq_care_packages_supplies_needed.htm
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My hubby always wanted food and candy. Anything that won't melt or explode in the heat. lol. Hubby liked Skittles and Starburst, Beef Jerky, snack cakes. I would also ask if there is something he really wants and can't find over there. Even a book or too. Even if they are just crossword puzzle or word search books. Card Games, poker chips.
    Keep in mind sometimes these guys have ALOT of down time and need to keep busy. I know hubby played cards alot.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 5:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Do they have places available to shop? Because you want to send them what they can't get there. Funions are a big thing in some places, if they like those kinds of snacks. And yes, the activity books to pass time. A nice variety is always great to send
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My husband never let me send him food since he was trying to lose weight. I got a lot of stuff at the dollar store that was a hit. Little bouncy balls were surprisingly a BIG hit, and reading lights (the flexible kind that clip onto anything)! Remote controlled cars, cards, extra socks, boxers, and skivy shirts every 3 months, baseballs and mitts, inflatable balls, that handheld 20Q game, any handheld electronic game actually....tetris and solitaire were loved too.
    Small toys for the kids over there might be good too. A lot of units toss those to the kids sometimes.
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I know when my fiance was over there they would only get to actually buy things like once a month and he was only able to call me every couple of weeks due to his scheduling and OP duties. So things like phone cards, photos of family, movies, that was a huge thing believe it or not Band of Brothers was the biggest hit with his unit. Everybody ended buying the series when they got a chance they loved it so much... just remember things that we take for granted and that's probably what they miss the most.
    Anonymous