Online Classes. I need some anwers. In a "online classes for dummies" kind of way lolat

I tried going back to school and going on campus. DID NOT work. Not with My 4 kids, dh's schedule, No family to watch the kids and no I trust to watch them.... Just a big fail.

So I figure online classes may be best. I NEED to go back to school. Getting a career is the only way we'll be able to sustain such a large family. Every website I go to is different so I am asking you ladies.

* Someone told me the workforce will help with tuition but only if it is campus based. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? I tried calling and talking to someone there but she wants me to come in and fill out this novel of paperwork that may or may not help.

*What are some really good accredited online programs? BTW I want to get my RN's License.

*On average how much would the classes cost? How much would I need to pay upfront? How often?

**My local college does not offer online classes**

Any help is appreciated.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 4:14 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I went to Kaplan University Online. Loved it. Their rates will be different than what I paid, though, because I got the military dependent discount. I have 3 little ones (3, 2, and 1), so online was the only way I'd be able to do it. Just finished last month. I didn't pay anything up front because of student loans. I start paying those back in 5 months.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 3:04 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You can do most classes online through a local university or community college. When you take some classes you are going to have to be on campus and when you get to your clinicals you will HAVE to find someone to watch your kids b/c you will be gone almost 12 hours a day for a few semesters.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• How can you take online classes if your local college doesn't offer them? I'm confused.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:45 PM on May. 11, 2011