Is it wrong to want a Louie Vouitton purse?

I have a coach (seems like every lady has one) and I have a D&B but these were gifts from my SO he wanted me to have I am not going to complain.
Now I would love to have a LV purse I want one but they are really expensive I don't want to spend so much on this purse. I was looking online they are atleast 1,000 dollars or more. I think I am going to pass unless I hint to my hubby on buying one for me, but again I can't see that much money on a purse. (in the thousands). I have to draw the line there.
Now that I think about it what if I get jumped for it, or get killed and there goes my louie vouitton in another ones arms....maybe Iwill pass.
But I would love to hear from you ladies. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• If a designer wants me to carry around a $1K bag they can pay me to carry it and advertise for them! I just got a (used) Coach bag as a gift from a client (I have wanted one for about 25 years now and would never spend the $ on one). My kid had an accident and spilled pizza grease on it last week and I cried. I did have a LV at one time. I had inherited some $$ when my bio mom died (26 yrs ago) and I spent $300 on an original. It lasted forever until it got stolen. I even had the bottom tear apart and I sent it back and they repaired it for free. (It was stolen twice and the first time some good samaratin put it in a mail box and I got it back!!
    Dianne1259

Answer by Dianne1259 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think if you get it you'll just regret it...Find an imitation one??
    Anonymous

• I think if you can afford it the go for it. And if you end up getting it and realize it was a bad decision, just sell it somewhere.

no harm done.and imitation ones are embarrassing i think... LOL
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• There isn't a purse out there that is worth $1k to me to be perfectly honest. I've had my same Kohls purse for 2 years...I think it cost $25 (because I can't see myself spending more than that...lol). I can't see a purse costing $975 more carrying my junk around any better or differently than this one.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with kabbot01. $1,000 on a purse just because it has some obnoxious designer's name on it is ridiculously unthinkable, especially in this economy. Penny pinching is the new chic.

My $14.00 Target special is still going strong.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Nothing wrong with wanting one. If you can afford one and it not set you back why not ask for one. If you are in debt and barely making it then yes it would be wrong to try and get one. I have a Louis Vuitton bag. I bought it 2 years ago it looks brand new. I have been offered more than I paid for it and may sell it to get a new one. We have the money and can afford things like this. I would never buy one if it would make us broke.

Anonymous

• Did you look in consignment shops? There are some women who sell their designer bags and these places have them (gently used) at tremendous discounts.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 7:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If you can afford it sure. But if you have to save up...that is a bit extreme. If you are not really able to afford it, hell no. Use that money for kids college fund, charity to starving kids, or emergency savings.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• There are plenty of places to find used authentic designer bags. LV does run pretty expensive but you could probably get one for $200 depending on the condition and the style. Check ebay.. just make sure you read the guides on how to spot a fake. I sell designer bags... but I don't have any that are under $300 at the moment.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Honey, I just got two this week. I have every designer purse there is and then some. Surely you can afford the LV, I mean, that's like so nothing to me anymore. I spend at least that in one day. However, I don't judge but I make this money myself. If my SO wants to buy one for me, I just laugh and say spend it on yourself, I don't need anymore!
    Anonymous