If you have an std and your so/dh doesnt have it are you afraid that he will end up getting it too? adult content

I have herpes. I know I am horrified about it and even after 6 years I'm still learning to live with this fact.
My dh does not have it.
There are times I am so afraid he will get it to I will feel so guilty. I do not have sex with him during an outbreak.I don't always tell him thats the reason why but I find a reason not to at that time. Its so embaressing. I would feel just horrible if I were to pass this annoying disease on to him. I dont even know what I would say if he did get it. Im sorry sounds too insignificant.

YES HE KNOWS I HAVE IT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• well he should know that way in case it does happen... i have a friend who has herpes and her SO didn't have an outbreak and still gave it to her.... doe he know that u have herpes?
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Why wont you just tell him.. You are going to have to tell him one day. So make that day, today... He deserves to know.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 4:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• from what you are saying its seems like he doesnt know that you have it. If thats teh case thats pretty bad. If he knew he would understand and be happy that he doesnt and you are careful that its stays that way
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, of course he KNOWS I have it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It's normal to be afraid to pass on an STD, I don't have any so I don't know exactly how you feel but my cousin found out last year she has herpes from her son's biological father - she has never had an outbreak and found out because another woman who has a kid with the same jerk got it from him so my cousin decided to get tested and turns out she has it. Her husband, who she has been with for nearly 7 years still does not have it and now that my cousin knows she has it she is much more careful but of course is now paranoid about passing it to him. It's a normal feeling but there's not much you can do except take extra precautions to decrease the chance of passing it on.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My friend has herpes too, her husband and her have been married for over 20 years, and she has yet to pass it to him. If you're so worried about giving it to him get medication to help stop breakouts. :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 7:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• He knows...he knows the risks...I am sure that he expects that at some point he will have it too. It is something you know going in. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to stop it, so try not to beat yourself up.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:54 PM on May. 11, 2011