No strings attached adult content

I am having a hard time dealing with getting over someone that I can probably never be with the way I would like to. I have a friend who I have been talking with and we flirt a lot and we have discussed hooking up, completely NSA. I feel like if I do that I will be cheating on the person I am having a hard time getting over, but in reality we probably will never be able to be together, so I wonder if this would be a good way for me to get past him. I know it sounds bad, but I could use the distraction so badly and I trust this other person and he knows I would have not attachment to him after the fact and vice versa. Has anyone ever done this and is it harder than not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I've never done it, I've been in a situation that sounds like yours, I could not give up, it takes time to heal, some people can have casual relationships, I refused to. I dated my best friend for two years after to try and move on... but I refused to "hook up" it complicates everything.

I am very happy I stood my ground, my best friend and I are just friends again and I have found.... or rather I am reestablishing a relationship with some one I have loved for many years.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 4:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I THINK YOU ARE SETTING YOURSELF UP TO ONLY GET HURT. YOU FIRST MUST CLOSE ONE DOOR BEFORE YOU CAN OPEN ANOTHER. CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE. PICK UP A NEW CLASS OR A HOBBIE, BUT TO GET WITH SOMEONE ONLY TO FORGET ABOUT THE PAST IT'S NOT REALITY. SELF RESPECT AND SELF VALUE SHOULD ALWAYS BE FIRST.

FROM EXPERIENCE: DON'T DO TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WOULD NOT WANT DONE TO YOU. GOOD LUCK!
    Strenght203

Answer by Strenght203 at 4:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yikes..not sure how to answer. be careful!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:25 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I think you should go for it if you are tring to get over him. But dont hurt him. Watch what you do.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 4:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Just be very careful. I am kinda in the same situation. I love my ex boyfriend more than anything even tho I'm still married. My husband and I might be separating soon and I want to be with my ex but know it wont happen. Just be careful and don't let yourself get hurt.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 4:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't look at it as doing it to him or out of spite though, I look at it as doing it for me, hoping to move forward and get some enjoyment and maybe prove to myself I don't need him like I thought I did anyhow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:38 PM on May. 11, 2011