How long does it take for sex to not hurt after giving birth?? adult content

I'm about 9 weeks post partum and me and my boyfriend have had sex about 3 times and its been a little painful so i'm just wondering how long its going to be like this...

kaitensmommy

Asked by kaitensmommy at 4:38 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• It is different for everyone. For example, after my 1st baby we had sex 7 weeks post partum and I was "sore" the first few times. After 2nd baby it was about 8 weeks after wards and the same. After the 3rd baby we had sex about 4 weeks after the fact, and I felt fine. It may be a few times for your body to get "use" to it again, or maybe your full not healed, and inside is still very tender.
    Best of luck!
    HStarin

Answer by HStarin at 4:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• with my first we had sex 3 weeks after i had my son and it wasn't bad at all... then again he took it way easy on me as well.... this time im only 2 weeks PP so we haven't even tried yet and not going to for awhile
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:45 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I think that if it hurts, you shouldn't be doing it. I didn't feel "healed" for 3 months after my first delivery, and probably about that long after my second, but I didn't push it, either. I think if it still hurts, it means you need to give yourself more time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• About 9 months until we were back to normal.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

• we did it 5 wks after baby #1 and it was fine
    after baby #2 we only waited a week and a half and all was well
    but I think Im a freak of nature cuz I bounce right back, and sex is always AMAZING for us right after a baby.
    I think after 6wks it would be fine, so if you are still hurting try talking to the DR.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• 2 months
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:10 PM on May. 12, 2011