Can your bankruptcy case get thrown out if

you honestly forgot to put in some information. 2 extra debts that you spaced because you knew they couldn't get discharged? I notified the trustee as soon as I remembered and told her that I would file modifications as necessary. Her response was "Thank you. I don't need anything else from you."

What does that mean? I am seriously stressed at the moment.

(And I had no choice but to file due to job loss and a paycut it took to get a new job. This economy sucks.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• If they can't be discharged then that means that you still have to pay on them so it's okay that they aren't included. It is good that you told the trusttee about them.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 12:37 AM on May. 12, 2011

• never been thru that but why didnt you ask her? As I see it she meant she needs no othe rinformation? But I dont know
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I filed mine years ago before the changes, but my lawyer told me that even if I forgot to list an account that it could be lumped in with my bankruptcy even after the case was processed...so I wouldn't be too uptight yet.
    Anonymous

• technically, it could, but you should have the option to refile. Ask your trustee.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• should be ok since you notified them
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sounds like you are keeping the trustee informed ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• She will fix it, They don't need much info to add it to the pappers as long as you hanv't gone to court and it hasn't been discharged.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 4:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It was a phone message she left me in response to my message. I didn't have a chance.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I filed. I didn't add some. They still got discharged. I just told the creditors after the bankruptcy.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:49 PM on May. 11, 2011