• In the Spotlight:

What would you rather do to lose weight?

If there was a full body machine you could slip your body into to burn all the fat and build muscle for you, would you? Or would you exercise you way to being a healthier weight? Lol for me I would want exercise to build lung function. But that body machine really sounds tempting and would probably do both lol.

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 4:51 PM on May. 11, 2011 in

• of course, i'd go the quicker, easier route!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Do both.lol
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 4:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would and am exercising to make it happen fast fixes do not interest me anymore.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The quicker way for sure. Then do the exercising to help maintain the weight loss.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my weight makes me self-conscience. so i stay away from the gym/ track..
    If I was skinny Id feel better about entering the gym.
    Make me skinny & id work out more! And feel like I didnt stand out in the gym.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i will do the machine bc exercing is not working for me
    dement

Answer by dement at 5:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I thinking more of a holistic approach like a sauna type machine for the fat and the machine they use in hospitals to tighten stomach muscles. Not infared technology or something like that.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I think anything that is a "fast fix" doesn't teach you anything. Much of having to work at losing weight is a learning experience and it teaches you how to eat properly and what exercises work for you in order to lose, then maintain your weight. There's a reason that something like lap band fails for many people. It was fast weight loss but no one ever taught them to eat properly. Also it takes time for something to become a habit - when you lose weight that fast, your brain doesn't have time to create healthy habits to maintain it.
    So to make a short answer long - I'll take the exercise...it's worked for me so far!!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:34 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I'd choose to exercise,even though I'd want an easy and fast fix,but I'd rather lose the weight the healthy way,then the fast way,since there may be a chance I'd gain it all back faster that way..
    mamaof0304

Answer by mamaof0304 at 5:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Ya know, so many times i've quit because it was too hard. For the first time in my life i'm sticking with something, seeing real results and everyday i'm proud of what I achieve. Of course it's tempting to go into a machine and have it done for you, but i'm finding myself in this journey and I wouldn't give that up for anything.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:47 PM on May. 11, 2011