Is it possible?

I've had all the pregnancy symptoms, such as nausea, headaches, cramping, spotting for two days for about a month or so now. I've taken two pregnancy tests but they were both negative. I called and made a doctors appointment and she said its still possible that I'm pregnant and a home test didn't detect it because I'm exclusively breastfeeding.

Have you taken multiple home tests that came up negative but ended up taking a blood test that said you were pregnant or know anyone who has?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Me!! I was 5 months before we found out with my 2nd bc my cycles were screwed up and hpt kept reading a big fat negative!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• With both of my pregnancies, I took multiple home test and which all came back negitive.
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 5:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• uhmmmm. I'm confused. exclusivelybreast feeding. and still a period??? WOW. I was assured by my Dr that I would not have a period until 4-6wks after I stopped breastfeeding. no period, no ovulation, uhmmmmm.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 5:30 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I haven't had a period yet. However, you don't have to have a period in order to ovulate. The nurse told me I could still be pregnant even though I don't have cycles. It's more than possible.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• kkbird, everyone's body is different. I had a friend who was exclusively bfing her son and got her period back at 3 months post partum; said her sisters were all like that as well. I didn't get mine until baby was 12-13 months, but I was still nursing, but not exclusively by that point.

And to the OP I would guess that it could just not be enough HcG in your urine. Go get a blood test to be sure. Or it it PMS and you are just having extremely light periods as your body returns to normal. Good luck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:34 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i thought it was possibly my body trying to have a period but I've been sick like this ever day straight for over a month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Anything is possible. I'd suggest talking to your doctor. Two of my husband's brothers are 11 months apart in age.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• kkbird, be very careful, you can still get pregnant while breast feeding.. Oh and I as well as many many other moms got our periods back within weeks of giving birth while EBFing..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:16 PM on May. 11, 2011