Anyone cut the strings of a traditional cell phone plan and try prepaid?

I did and got Boost Mobile. I have virtually the same service I did with Sprint and it's way cheaper. Anyone have any experiences with it?

sneakyboo

Asked by sneakyboo at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I used Boost before and it was cheap. The reception at times was not so great but most of the time was ok. I switched to Virgin Mobile to the $25 a month plan and I love it! I get unlimited text, web, and I get 300 minutes. Reception is great and I love my Rumor phone.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 6:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yeah,I have Net10

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope. Dh works for cp companies and gets awesome deals for no contracts.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Not in a while but I found it to be more expensive
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Dh has a blackberry with boost mobile, he loses service in a few areas around us but for the most part it works well, I like how they will reduce your bill when you pay on time every 6 months in a row
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• no cause I like that the report on m credit and its not really so much expensive. And I dont have to buy the phone.
    Anonymous

• BTW, DH's boost mobile bill for unlimited everything is $60 a month. Next month that reduced to $55, 6 months after that $50, etc etc. His plan caps at $45, but when he gets to that it's in his contract they can't raise rates. So eventually his unlimited cell phone bill will be $45.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yep metro PCS Not the best service ever but it suites our needs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No, I'm on contract and I'll get a new phone next month! yahoo
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have tryed T-Mobile, Sprint, N- telos, and Us Celluar.......They are all too expensive and some how they always ended up ripping us off! We got Straight Talk from Wal-Mart...it is awsome!! We pay $45 a month for unlimited Everything!! Good reception, good service... well well worth the money!! :)
    Abutcher

Answer by Abutcher at 6:36 PM on May. 11, 2011