Yes Ma'am or sir....(Spin off of post in group)

Do u make ur kids say yes ma'am or sir? and why?

I dont to me it makes it sound like their are ur servants or something, i just dont like it! Not bashing those who do....just wondering..

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 5:41 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• nope, I sure dont
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I dont make mine say it !
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 5:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Mine say it , I dont "make" them. It's called manners.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:45 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes my daughter says "yes ma'am and yes sir" I was raised to do the same...I think it's just more polite then saying "yeah"...it makes the child sound like they have good manners and respect for their elders
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• YES! I have a 5yr old and a 4 yr old and ma'am and sir , please and thank you are apart of their everyday vocabulary! Its not a matter of it sounding like they are servants its called manners and a sign of respect! My son who is 5 also already will open and hold doors open!
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 5:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my son holds doors too, but doesn't say sir or m'am

In fact, he calls our friends by their first names, as do their children of us
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:50 PM on May. 11, 2011

• To me it just makes it seem like the kids are lower then adults....i just dont like it..
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No, but my kids still have manners. They say yes please or something along those lines. Haven't you heard how offended people can get when ma'am is used towards them?!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:51 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My kids have manners they are very polite, my son is more then daughter...he would give u the last 50 cents out of his piggy bank if u needed it! They hold doors open and for some reason love to do chores LOL
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on May. 11, 2011