Down Syndrome testing Positive

Have any of you moms had the down syndrome blood test come out positive? and if you have what did your doctor recomend and what did you do? what could cause the test to come out positive is it always true that your baby has down syndrome?

Giolexjay

Asked by Giolexjay at 5:42 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first this happened they recommended a amniocentisis but I refused because I knew no matter what I wanted him and would love him despite a disablity. He did not have down syndrome but he does have autism/ADHD.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 5:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sometimes the test are wrong ...I known people who Said theres Were Positive & there baby was fine No Down Syndrome
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 5:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We are at risk of having a child w down syndrome but do not do the testing. It does not matter to us if we had a child with different abilities.
    Anonymous

• the test is for more than just downs or it is in the uk but i have never had them . my sil had the blood test and she came back at high risk her kid is fine when my mum was pregnant with my bro a scan said he had splineo beffa ( cant spell it ) and she was advised to terminate my brother is fine

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a positive Down Syndrome test and my little girl is 4 1/2 and does have it. They did an ultrasound after the positive AFP test. Then, when my results from the ultrasound showed I had a high chance of her having Down Syndrome, they offered the amnio, which I refused. If you want, you can PM me and I will answer any questions you have (that I know the answer to).
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 5:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• BTW, the test could be a false positive. I have had plenty of friends who had a false positive. I have also had a few friends who have had a false negative (the test didn't pick up on the Down Syndrome and their kids were born with it).
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My test came back 1 in 13 chance.... my daughter is fine.... it was wrong.
    Anonymous

• i dont do that test because i dont care i will take care and raise my child just the same!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my friend had that test done and then she had a amino. he baby is fine. its up to you u want to know or not. either way its you baby. and like everyone says it can be wrong.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No it is not always true if your test comes up positive. My older brother recently had a baby, and the test came up positive, but she was born without it.
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 1:07 AM on May. 12, 2011