Do you donate money to charities?

Do you do homework on the organization before donating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• I love the opportunity to be part of passions other people have for others who are hurting. I am careful, however, to make sure that the charity is using the money wisely and most of it is going to direct care for those who they claim to serve.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 4:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't usually donate money...I donate to local charities and I just call them first and ask them what they are in the most desperate need of. I usually do the women's shelter and they will tell me things like towels or laundry soap so that is what I take...our local food bank puts in lists of items they need the most of and if I have some of that or can get it, I will take it in. I ALWAYS call DHS and ask the social worker what she is planning for the foster kids that year. I'm a foster mom and I will donate my time and whatever materials she needs because she always has something fantastic "in the works" for the kids. I guess I don't do as much homework as I could because these organizations are local and I'm usually taking in actual products that are harder to misuse than money.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• im a charity case myself!!!!
    Anonymous

• I only donate money to Dollar4Life, our local Childrens Hospital and the Local Fire Dept run bingos I go to... And I play FreeRice alot...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I used to donate a lot every year. I made my decisions based on research or if the charity had touched my life in some way by helping someone I knew.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes, my website donates to the hungersite.com
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes,I just did today. I help with a charity,but we don't donate money,more like clothes and such. I have my own charity,and at my work events; I hold on donation center for toys,food,etc.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I donate money to our church(other than the weekly tithe) the money goes to a needy member/family. Our church also helps support a local mental/rehab hospital and when they put out a list of needed items I will donate.I don't donate to medical causes b/c so much money is used on research and i have found from personal experience they dont help a family in need. I ma epileptic and my son is multi handicapped.Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I donate to my church as well as the Children's Hunger Fund.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008