Is this weird? am I isolating myself

I dont really have friends here...we are a military family so we move a lot. I am friendly with the neighbors and we exchange babysitting , but that is about the extent of it. If you said hey call up your buddies to come over I would say umm...and not call anyone. I don't go out unless it is with my husband or with my daughter. The only alone time I have outside of the house is shopping at the store for something or maybe taking the car to the car wash. I dont really do anything...dare I say I don't have a life outside of being a SAHM/wife. It annoys my husband now, he says you don't do anything unless I tell you hey go do something and even then you only do whatever I come up with. I used to be outgoing..but after having a kid I just spent so much time being a mommy I don't really know how to be anything else anymore. I stopped all of my other hobbies somewhere along the line,this has caused me to hound my husband I think sometimes. He feels like I am emotionally selfish with him and wahtever he is doing or whomever he talks to I have to have a piece of that action and pull him to me and I think this is because I want a life outside of being a parent to.

When I try to make friends, it does not work out. Its like unless your a kid, I don't interact with you correctly lol.

doesnt help that he spends all of our extra money on his video games and I can't even afford to buy stuff for hobbies I might want to try

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 5:49 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel the same I work now but things or hobbies i enjoy COST......I have like 2 friends! My relationship isn't great so for me I feel I can't relate to anyone....
    Anonymous

• OMG... I know the feeling. hit me up some time we'll chat. ( take the baby out for a walk and smell the air) always helps me...
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 5:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I've found motherhood of little ones isolating too...I really have to make a concience effort to get out or do things I enjoy. I like book groups, since you have something to talk about with other grown ups, and you can usually get the books free from the library.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 6:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• YES YES I undersatand YOU What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Thursday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:07 PM on May. 12, 2011