Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Im hot!!!!

i am board and hot. my ac is broken and my son is sweeting. i dont know how much it is to fix it,what number to call, ect. please give me advice. thank you


Asked by dement at 5:54 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

Level 12 (661 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (24)
  • Do you rent or own? If you rent call the landlord, if you own call a repair company a lot of them will come out and give you a free estimate. When you call just ask the how much it is for them to come out and do a repair estimate. Once you find out what is wrong it may be a simple fix. In the mean time go play outside in the water with your son. If he has a pool go swimming with him. Get a couple of fans, eat a bowl of ice cream and drink some ice water (or if you live down south like me some ice cold sweet tea :)) all of these will help you guys to cool down

    Answer by alliesmom112 at 11:06 AM on May. 12, 2011

  • Call a plumber for the AC. Eat some ice cream, have a cold drink. Sit outside and hope for a cool breeze. Good luck.

    Answer by 3mom627 at 5:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Go walk around Wal-mart until you can get someone to fix it better than just sitting there dying

    Answer by buttonlts at 5:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • go look on ur ac and c if theres a number on it

    Answer by chrstny88 at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • omg i am sooo sorry ac is expensive i think it would be cheaper to get a wall unit

    Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Is it a window unit or a house unit?
    Window unit - cheaper to purchase a new one. House unit - look in your local yellow pages for a repairman certified to repair your particular brand of unit and then they can come out and give you an estimate on the repair.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Grab a phone book and look up Heating and should be able to find someone to fix your AC...til then turn on the sprinklers and have fun with your kiddies running through them =)

    Answer by Lucky209 at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Call an A/C repair person.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Tell me what how your ac is broke(dh is HVAC guy)or call a company in yellow pages to get a quote.Just for them to look at it about $75-$100 usually in the southeast.

    Answer by sarah389 at 6:05 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Like others have mentioned, there should be HVAC repair people listed in the yellow pages in the phone book (or google them in your area). If your kids have a pool or sprinklers or something to play with, that would help keep them cool.

    Answer by AmourSpork at 6:28 PM on May. 11, 2011