Trend I don't like

I see lots of childrens clothes wth skull and crossbones on it. I refuse to buy anything with that design on it. It just bothers me. If others want to dress their kids that way it s fine with me. But I especially don't see the need for it on a little girl. Does anyone else feel this way? Should I just chill and not let it bother me? It seems like a lot of otherwise cute clothes have it on there. Last year I made it home with two polo shirts from Old Navy before I realized they were worked into the design. I took them back.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 5:54 PM on May. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you just stop and think, this is pretty gross...to have a symbol of death walking around on one's body. The fact that others havelittle problem with it, in my opinion, is one example that society has become very desensitized. Bottom line, most will not have a problem with it. Discriminating and discerning adults will stop and think. With ALL the options in the world of things to put on one's shirts, why a symbol of death? What are you teaching your kids if you wear it?
    ssmiley4u

Answer by ssmiley4u at 5:56 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My girls 2 and has been wearing skulls n crossbones since she was born. I wear em to :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't really concern myself with what other people dress their kids in. My DS has cute skull and crossbone pj's.. he wore them on Christmas!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have skulls tattooed on me, My child picks out clothes with skulls on them, I love them and I don't see anything wrong with it
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Its a pirate thing....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i can't stand it, either..i blamed it on ed harley (is that the brand??). for a while, you saw it everywhere!! mens stuff, too.
    just not feelin' it..not for me, and especially not on a little one.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• LOL..My son had a skull jacket in kindergarten. We love it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It is a trend...just like you said, it will pass.....and as long as your kids are not wearing it than really its not a big deal. There will always trends that we dont like. If it bothers you, do what your doing and dont involve your kidos. ;)
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• there are far worse trends in clothing out there... that one may not be my thing but Im fine with it in comparison.
    Anonymous