If you have "good" kids and one of your close friends has "bad" kids, does that put a strain on your friendship with the other mom because you dont want your "good" kids influenced by her "bad" ones?

Mommiie_of_4

Asked by Mommiie_of_4 at 5:57 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope. My kids behave no matter the influence, most of the time. They are children, they make mistakes.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• When I was a new mom I had a GREAT mom friend. We spent hours and hours a day together (both sahms). But as the kids got older she and I varied alot on our parenting. She was fun time mom with very few rules and never backed them up. I was about having fun with in the guidelines of rules, manners, and responsibilities.

I ended up ending the friendship...... my child, family, morality is worth so much more than that one friendship.

We now both have 16 yr old daughters....... mine is definitely on the right track... good girl, athletic, smart, nice, funny...... hers has had a VERY rocky road.  Im very glad I made the split when I did.

Anonymous

• We have been there already. My friends kids were allowed to run around in a restaurant and mine would sit there like good kids.
    And when my kids asked if they can run around with them I would just say we don't do that. When we got home I would tell my kids that their parents where hurting their kids by not teaching good manners.

Never be afraid to say something to your kids if they start to following their kids.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Just like above, their kids got into drugs and dropped out of school.

Kids need rules, morales and discipline.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• OMG the restaurant thing happened to me, even my kids were embarassed!! I have a friend like that, actually shes my cousins but were very close, well we were very close. We dont have play dates anymore because she doesnt discipline her kids at all. They get in trouble in school, they cuss already and she seems to be okay with it. I have talked to her about it, but I dont think she really cares. Our relationship is def strained by this and our kids only play together on holidays or at family functions. I love them all, but Im trying to raise my kids to be good, productive ppl with morals and values. I dont blame the kids either, I actually feel sorry for them...........

Keep in mind that my 10 year old is older than all 3 of her kids.
    Mommiie_of_4

Comment by Mommiie_of_4 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sadly, I have this problem with my sister. We don't get together expcept for holidays and other family events because I don't really want my kids spending too much time with hers.
    Anonymous

• Not sure if you realize this but everyone thinks their kids are the "good" kids and everyone else has the "bad" kids.......
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have a friend whos kid dosnt play with mine often, and Im good with that. My friend is a strange mom, one of those "my kid wont act like that" yet she is rude and snotty, and her mom makes excuses for it "oh she is tired, hungry, its too loud/busy, blah blah.
    I also have problems with the girl across the street, who is sweet as pie when there is an adult around but I hear them play and she is a little bossy, manipulative little thing. I sure dont want them to hang out when they are teenagers, I predict she will get her ass kicked pretty easily.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• @ Skittles...that it so not true! I know lots of "good" kids that dont belong to me. LMBO @ Mini.....
    Mommiie_of_4

Comment by Mommiie_of_4 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on May. 11, 2011

• you have your way of raising your kids and they have their ways but if you see that their kids are rubbing off on to yours then i would say something
    amber_mom40

Answer by amber_mom40 at 3:12 PM on May. 12, 2011