No more sahm...I want to get a job..how to transition?

I decided to find a job, no more sahm. I have been a SAHM for 4 years, she is old enough to do preschool/daycare and she really wants to go. She is an only child so it will be good for her to have more playmates. I am a little saddened though....I'll be going off all day working while someone else takes care of my little girl. I am also worried like ohhh is that daycare worker watching them closely! hehe.

I need to do this...for myself because I have become isolated a bit and I have 0 friends my age. All of my friends are toddlers :-) I need to do it for my marriage, he wants help with the finances and he does not respect housewives as much as some people...he sorta looks at it like I got the easy end of the deal. (no point in arguing that with him, he seems to think the house stays clean all by itself and she learned the abc's mysteriously on her own one day lol) I also want a bit more independence cause he can't get past looking at the money as HIS money, not OURS lately so fine, I'll start pitching into the account then he can shush about all of that.

How did you transition from SAHM to working again?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I started with a part-time job. Then after a few months I went to full time. No need to rush into a full time job.
    My husband had the same pov so I got up one morning and left at 6:00 am (like he would) and didnt come home until 6 (like he would). All day with a 3 year old, told him that I needed the house cleaned, and dinner when I come home.Needless to say, he thought differently :)
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:05 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Have you ever looked into working from home? You can contribute financially while still being at home.
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 6:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Well, the first thing I did was to evaluate my skill set to see if I could get a decent job with the knowledge and skills I already had. Not so much, not a really steady, well-paying secure job anyway. So then I went back to school for a year and got my LVN degree and took the licensure exam and passed it, so now I'm a licensed nurse and highly employable for a decent wage.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• YES YES I undersatand YOU What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Thursday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:06 PM on May. 12, 2011