What kind of needles do I need for my sewing machine?

I have a Brother LS-2125 sewing machine and i am trying to make carry bags for my childrens airmattress' for our shore place and the needle broke...i have no other needles and i have had this machine for 10 years, i lost my book that goes with it. I googled what needle i needed and it said something about Schmetz needles, 130/705H but i can not find them anywhere...can someone please help me???

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 6:02 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Any good quilting shop can tell you what kind of needles you need.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I'm fairly sure the Singer brand needles fit in my Brother, just make sure you get the ones for cotton. Joann's should have what you need.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 7:50 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Needles come in different sizes not just to fit different sewing machines, but also the thickness and sharpness of the needles vary to give the best results with different materials (denim vs. silk) and different thread types.

Go to a shop that repairs sewing machines, or a good quilt shop. If there isn't either in your area, you can try JoAnn's or Hancock's or a fabric store; but be sure the person you ask has some experience, and knows what they're talking about. Some employees in franchise/chain fabric stores are there because it's the first job they could find; some, because they love sewing and know about it. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:13 AM on May. 12, 2011

• ask your local seller or where you bought the sewing machine from and they will recommend what needles are needed
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:04 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Thank you all....i got the one i needed...and got home and found some in another bin...thats what happens when you move and start shoving things in places...lol...thank you all anywayz!!!
    pebbles425

Comment by pebbles425 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on May. 19, 2011