US Soveriegnty

I don't understand why my government doesn't view tunnels under the border which are used for smuggling as a violation of US sovereignty? If US citizens dug tunnels under either of our borders, Canada and Mexico would see it as a violation of their sovereignty. Why doesn't our government? This type of infiltration of goods and people isn't tolerated anywhere else on earth. Why do we? 

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 6:19 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Our government ignores many violations of our country and refuses to do their job to secure our borders. I don't know how people can not realize this, but I suppose they have all bought the line about foreigners just wanting to come here to do the jobs that Americans won't do. I guess they are correct though. I wouldn't be digging a tunnel to Canada or Mexico. That is a job no American wants.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Fear of losing a vote.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• But, I digress... if we had in place a proper and equitable job trading system set up, the problem would be much more manageable ~ adnilm

That's true, but it would be much cheaper and easier to build a fence out of their bodies after we shoot each one we catch. The message that would send might actually be something those contemplating illegally entering our country would pay attention to.

Don't ask me to be nice today ~ or tomorrow. If you can stomach reading about little girls being beaten and raped and still defend illegals (ANY of them!), you are part of the problem. Our 'leaders' are part of the problem.

I won't be part of the problem and I won't be PC about them OR immigration 'reform'. This is OUR country, not theirs. We don't demand that they change THEIR laws, but it's time to demand that they keep their criminals at home instead of just letting them wander all over the place.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:05 PM on May. 11, 2011

• What Farmlady said!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I'm curious as to what the answer is. I don't understand it either.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:20 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh wah. No really. WAH.

Well, I tried. I really just can't work up any emotion about you not responding to me adnilm. Your silence will not prevent me from commenting on your support of sick, twisted perverts that abuse young children. I'm far more concerned with the lifelong injury done to legal citizens of this country than freaks that are here illegally ~ and abusing ALL the laws of hospitality, common decency, AND humanity.

I'm as sick of people here who defend them as I am of their home countries which are happy to pawn off their problem citizens while pulling in enough of our wages to put a nice head on their import profits. It's a great exchange rate for those countries ... and a lousy one for the US.

Now, I'm gonna go cuddle the goat kids and try to forget that there are intelligent people infected with such stupidity. The sounds of BAAAA are far more appealing than my fake wah or your misguided WAHHHHH.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:13 AM on May. 12, 2011

• why how else would the drugs get in? *rolls eyes*
    that's a very good question. i bet our government would talk all around it without answering it like all good politicians.
    Sofiabug

Answer by Sofiabug at 10:05 PM on May. 11, 2011

• IDK but it is ..as it is theoretically an invasion.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Is it that big of a deal to get votes that you will, well basically betray the security of the US, just to get some votes? I hope it is more than that. The pettiness for just a vote might make me hurl.
    jesse123456

Comment by jesse123456 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Because it isn't nice. *rolls eyes*

Answer by HistoryMamaX3

hhmmmm, ok. What does that mean? 

jesse123456

Comment by jesse123456 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on May. 11, 2011