Anyone know of any fun free children's groups to join California ?

I am a single Mom who can not afford to put my Son in the YMCA as I am on a very fixed income. My Son was diagnosed as having ADHD and Mood Disorder, so I now homeschool which doesn't allow for me to work. I am currently on welfare and can not pay for anything. I am hardly paying the bills. He needs social interaction, especially now that he is homeschooling as of Feb, this year. Anyone going through this?.. or have any suggestions? I was afraid at first to put him into anything because he is so easily frustrated and angered when in social settings of his peers. School was a total nightmare, he'd get more work done than he does at home because they don't allow as many breaks as he needs here, but he was so anxiety stricken with stomach upsets and would cry sometimes. He started to feel like an alien on another planet when at school. He was the only one who had a shadow in class (Personal assistant) How embarrassing it was for him. That was the only way that he would not get into trouble, and to keep him on task. Well, ladies is this familiar or Do you want to add to it. I'd love the read what you have to say:)

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 6:21 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Awe that is sad he is getting teased. Ive worked as a teachers Aid in SPecial needs for a couple years now they're are some good programs out there just keep looking! Try finding a mommy and me group with music or sports that you can do with him. Usually stuff like that is cheap or a mops group and if you cant find anything try starting something of your own and meet at a park or something idk hope this helps good luck don't get discouraged and its really good to get involved in something

KM52mom

Answer by KM52mom at 2:38 AM on May. 13, 2011