Whats a quick and easy meal idea?!

im tryin to figure out a meal plan for the coming week but i wanna make something diffrent!!!! any ideas!?

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 6:23 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Oh how I hate planning meals...tuna casserole is fast and easy. Noodles, tuna, peas, shredded cheese and a can of celery soup. Done.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• that sounds delicious!!!!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 6:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Mac and cheese. Spaghetti, breakfast for dinner. Tacos. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Tuna casserole...egg noodle, tuna, cream of mushroom soup...that's it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• For something really fast, I usually pick a meat, chop it up into bit sized pieces, cook it up in a pan, then make whatever quick rice packet I have in the pantry (I keep a stash of Knorr Rice Sides and other similar things, for exactly this purpose!), and mix them together. Add a few extra seasonings, and there you have it! My fav- kielbasa and dirty rice. Also good- chicken (with a little lemon juice) and chicken flavored rice. Pork chop, with mushroom rice. Etc, etc...
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, simple, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Quesadillas, refried beans, guacamole, served with corn chips, salsa and sour cream.

Entree salad - chop a head (is romaine called a head??) of romaine, drain a can of mandarin oranges and lightly chop if their huge. Put some Asian dressing in the bowl, toss in the romaine, oranges, maybe some oriental crispy noodles and some grilled chicken. You can make the grilled (or sauteed) chicken earlier in the week, chop and store in fridge for this night.

I love tuna casserole, too, and I like tossing in some defrosted frozen peas. Adds color and veggies and tastes delish!

Serve entrees you like, but mix up the sides. Adds a great variety to some core favorites. At this time of year you can put out a big dish of chunked watermelon or cantelope, and soon those sliced tomatoes or cucumbers will be awesome. Try egg noodles with browned butter and a bit of parmesan instead of mac and cheese. Or grill some asparagus instead of beans...
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Stir fry, with meat or without meat
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• BBQ pulled pork in the crock pot -- delicious and easy!

1 pork shoulder or some kind of pork roast
    1 cup BBQ sauce
    1 onion, sliced

Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker, place the pork on top of it (you can cut the pork to fit), pour on the BBQ sauce then cook for about 8 hours on low. After it's done, shred the pork with two forks then return to the slow cooker to coat with the BBQ sauce, then serve on buns or over rice.
    For less fat, discard the cooking sauce which has all the pork fat in it, and throw in some fresh BBQ sauce to coat the shredded pork
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:11 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sloppy joes, chips and brownies
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:24 PM on May. 12, 2011