Anyone know of any fun free children's groups to join in California ? Northridge area in Los Angeles Country.

I am a single Mom who can not afford to put my Son in the YMCA as I am on a very fixed income. My Son was diagnosed as having ADHD and Mood Disorder, so I now homeschool which doesn't allow for me to work. I am currently on welfare and can not pay for anything. I am hardly paying the bills. He needs social interaction, especially now that he is homeschooling as of Feb, this year. Anyone going through this?.. or have any suggestions? I was afraid at first to put him into anything because he is so easily frustrated and angered when in social settings of his peers. School was a total nightmare, he'd get more work done than he does at home because they don't allow as many breaks as he needs here, but he was so anxiety stricken with stomach upsets and would cry sometimes. He started to feel like an alien on another planet when at school. He was the only one who had a shadow in class (Personal assistant) How embarrassing it was for him. That was the only way that he would not get into trouble, and to keep him on task. Well, ladies is this familiar or Do you want to add to it. I'd love the read what you have to say:)

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 6:24 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Oh I have no idea... maybe try calling a local community center?
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:08 AM on May. 12, 2011

• here is a bump, good luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:21 PM on May. 12, 2011

• no idea
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• sorry, I don't know of any.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• One reason we left California was due to its lack of programs for kids. I'm talking about any programs, free or otherwise. GL. CA sucks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I haven't found any, I'm in So. Cal.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:57 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Try googling
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• sorry, I don't know of any. good luck
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 12:37 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Google moms club and your zip.code. they do playdates etc. Also google homeschool playgroups for your area. Both are very inexpensive. Moms club for a year membership is 25 dollars.
    crimsonangel180

Answer by crimsonangel180 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011