Can you say one nice thing about Conservatives?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 6:27 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Every conservative I know is genuinely concerned about the good of the country... Every liberal I know is genuinely concerned about the good of the country... Each group just has their own definition of good!!!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:13 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i love FISCAL conservatives...hehehe.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yes, they care and are trying to participate in the democratic process to do what they think is best for the country
    . those I reserve my real contempt for are the apathetic or those who say politics bore them. balancing a checkbook isn't scintillating, either, but it's relevant to your interests, as is the running of the country, the passage of laws, etc.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:27 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Genuine conservatives who believe in small government and little to no interference in the private lives of citizens - a fairly rare species these days - are on the right track, except I'm far to cynical to believe that a free market with no restrictions will be favorable to the common man which is why I'm largely socialist. Neo-conservatives, which encompasses the majority of The Republican Party, The Conservative Party of Canada, and the nut job Teabaggers, are a strange breed that can't figure out what the hell it is they believe in.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 1:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Wow, I'm truly shocked at some responses here. Liberals always say they are more accepting of people who are different than them (in fact I just listed that as a positive in the other question), but can't think of one positive thing to say? Strange.

Conservatives are practical and willing to make the hard decisions. They would love for everyone to have everything they want but they realize that things must be earned and that money is unfortunately limited. It's hard to have to say "no" to people who are passionate about their special interest, but Conservatives know that sometimes the money just isn't there.

Conservatives believe in people. They don't see the poor as incapable and in need of constant assistance. They believe people CAN improve their situation and don't need a nanny taking care of them. They're happy to help during hard times but trust people to do for themselves as well.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2011

• y'all will come around some day ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I cannot say anything nice as a wide blanket statement about all conservatives. No, sorry. But there are some conservatives I like, or I hear a story on the news about a conservative either in Congress or in local/state govt. that stood up against their party and fought for the right thing.......... whether it be small govt, really reducing the debt w/o hurting any important programs and giving huge tax breaks to the oil comp, wealthy, or corporations, or standing up for social issues.
    Everytime I see a story like that I wish I lived in their district or I could contact them personally and shake their hand and say "I am a socialist liberal, but what you just did for your constituents and your country, is awesome!! Please keep up the good work!"

ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 8:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• They believe that what they want is best for the country. Same as the liberals, actually.

It's hard to generalise any more than that. I know many wonderful conservatives I could go on about forever.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:35 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I was always told if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...

So I will keep my mouth shut...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• They don't like killing babies!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 4:10 PM on May. 12, 2011