What is a good school in California for children who have social problems? Northridge area in Los Angels Country.

I currently homeschool, and have a child who has been diagnosed with ADHD and Mood disorder. Is there any schools that specialize in aiding this? I like homeschooling, but I am a single parent who needs to find work and allow my little one to have more social interactions with his peers on a regular bases while boosting his self esteem. He is only 7 years of age and is an only child. I did not put him on meds. The side effects outweigh the social problems and distractions.
I may have to apply for SSI for him if nothing else works out, soon.

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• California is a rather LARGE state.... can you be more specific to location?

Anonymous

• We chose a virtual academy for DS at that age. We are looking at least another year before we consider mainstreaming him again. You really need to contact your district to see about special ed accommodations, it isn't only for children behind level. Unless you plan on moving or putting him in a private school that would be where to start. Have you considered a Montessori type school? You can find those in the yellow pages and get tours and info.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:04 PM on May. 11, 2011