My husband works 6 days week and now Late hours. I feel like a single mom. Anyone else?

I know I should be glad that he has a job but I hardly ever see him And it's getting stressful. Not to mention I get no break from my 3 year old. Ugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• My Hubby works 6 days a week also ! 3 of those days are from 11am to 1am .... ther Rest are From 2:30 - 1am I have 3 kids at home And Im Preggo ! I Def feel at times im a single Mom At times , But He Does Help Out alot When He is home .. With the Way The World Is now days Im just glad He has a job But I do wish I got to see him More Often ! We all miss him When hes gone & It does effect the Kids
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 6:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• YEP! My husband is a diesel mechanic for a 24 hour road service shop.... Hes gone all from all hours of the day. Most nights Im in bed before he gets home and hes gone when i get up. Not much of a marriage :(
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes I am in the same boat as you he works 70+ hours a week every week. Its like this every year when the plant opens up for bussiness (paving) & now he has just taken over his own plant. After three years of doing it away from home with no family around we just moved back home & it has made it much easier bc now I can hang out with family & not feel so alone all the time.

Sorry you are feeling this way, hope things look up join a playgroup or something.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:50 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My stbxh is an otr truck driver he is gone 2-4 weeks at a time. I know that feeling well. Now that I am a single parent there is no difference from what I did before and what I do now.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:51 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband works out of state all week long. So I am alone with three kids, my job, three dogs, and bird. I'm so tired of cleaning up poo, doing dishes, washing kids, breaking up fights, wiping butts, they don't listen as well when he's gone, the laundry is unreal, the groceries suck to do alone, every time something has to be done I tote the kids with and sooo much more. I'm getting burned out. The only difference from me being single, is he supports us financially. Physically I am a single mom most of the time. It's been this way for awhile, on and off.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:54 PM on May. 11, 2011

• well.. I am a single mom who fell in love with a guy who works six days a week from six am to ten some nights.. it's not easy but you have to look at the good stuff.. And you do get to see your husband still .. its not like he is in the military where he is gone all the time.. sorry if im sounding mean :(
    but sometimes you just have to look at the good stuff instead of how hard your day was etc.. <3 good luck i hope things work out for you
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 6:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• What spitfire06 said!

I'm a married mom and I did feel single when DH was working graveyard shifts and too tired during the day to be much help, but if you stick with it and enjoy the time you do have things will improve.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 6:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• This is nothing much to think about. My Dad went to work one day and came home three YEARS later. My mother liked it that way as she got to do things her own way. My husband enjoys working and studying very long hours so I also got to run the family the way I wanted to. I enjoy being the boss. Sure little irritations arise. Sure there are hard days and nights. I enjoy developing my people management skills. I have learned lots of home handyman skills. I have become a very economical and efficient cook. You just have to change the way you look at things. Your husband obviously has confidence in you and expects you will be a super mother and housekeeper without his interference. There are millions of women out there who would envy you the opportunity to be in charge but still have a husband who loves you. Be proud.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband works in oil. He often works 40 hours within the first days of a week. His schedule is 2 weeks on 1 week off, however he's typically working almost all his days off.

Sometimes I start to get frustrated, but most of the time I don't mind that much.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I'm the worker in our family. Sometimes I'll work 80+ hours in a week, sometimes I have to travel and be gone for a few weeks at a time. So DH is the SAHD, and we have three children, one under a year. And he gets exhausted doing the Dad Thing 24/7 so when I am home, I really do my best to help him, and make sure he gets "him time", and load on the praise for everything he does for our family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on May. 12, 2011