Anyone ever get a divorce because your husband worked too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• My BIL's wife divorced him for that reason. She also cheated on him. And she took the kid and left while he was at work one day. The only reason he worked so hard was to keep her happy in a McMahonsion and fancy cars and diamond rings and all of the other finer things in like that she wanted. I hope this is not you. I hope that you are just having the normal lonely feelings that a wife can have when the husband is gone often. I hope that you can talk it over with your husband and try to maximize your enjoyment of the time he is not working. *hugs*
    Anonymous

• My dh works ALL THE TIME,but I know he works so hard to support us .I would never divorce him because of that!
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 7:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I believe adultry is the only reason for a potential devorce...Working so much only shows his devotion to his family...DH works 12+ hrs 5x a week and is on call 24/7. we can't even leave our town, sometimes he tells his boss it's too much and he declines some of the on call (after putting in written notice) but he works to put a roof over our heads, to get us nice things, and pay the bills...I just don't think THAT is a valid excuse for a divorce. Remember your vows, don't break um. GL.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 7:14 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband works a lot more than I do. He leaves the house at 7:30 and doesn't get home til 8-10 4 or 5 days a week, he occasionally gets off around 5 one of the days. I would never leave him for that it shows he is a hard worker and his job pays all the bills, the only thing my job pays is health insurance and daycare.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My stbxh is an otr truck driver but his job is not the reason I am divorcing him.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope, I don't believe so.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 8:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We came close. His job brought him all over the world for weeks at a time, he'd be home for a few days and be off for another 3 weeks weeks and it was like that for several years. I worked too and he easily could have worked for his family's company making just as much money but would be home every night and on weekends, or he could've taken many other jobs making the same or maybe even a little less but because I was making good money we still would've been able to afford our home, bills, and the cars - his job wasn't necessary to keep a roof over our heads and he missed out on almost all of the first few years of life with both of our daughters; when I got pregnant with our twins I told him he had to find another job - I wasn't going to live like a single mother anymore, especially not with four kids. He quit and is happy with where he is now and so am I.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No--and my hubby was on OTR truck driver for a period of our marriage. He worked 70 hours last week. He works his butt off so I can stay home with our baby. I would never divorce him because he works too much.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• not me....
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• There is more to life than work! I Pay the utilities. He gets 3 weeks vacation and won't use it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on May. 20, 2011