Do u think if you eat hot stuff your baby can be blind?

i heard if you eat hot stuff your baby can be blind but a lot of ppl have a taste for hot stuff when u pregnant

pregnantmom_19

Asked by pregnantmom_19 at 6:56 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• no
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have honestly never heard that. I ate a lot of hot stuff when I was pregnant as I did crave it and neither of my children are blind.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• ahahahahahaha! I was eating way hot stuff when i was preggers! She's not blind! eat what you want it will not hurt your kid.. just be careful of what meds you take. always ask the dr first if u have any q about it!
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 6:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• that is the silliest thing I've ever heard! I liived off hot cheetos and spicy food when pregnant. My son is perfectly healthy
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Not possible at all.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• If that were true then the majority of the population of places where spicy food is the norm would be blind. That has to be one of the silliest old wives tales I've ever heard.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope, my 3 can all see and I ate hot stuff constantly. Mmmmm....
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 7:13 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The heat of food and drinks reaches your body temperature before it hits the lining of your stomach. 98.7 degrees usually.
    From cold to 98.7 to over 100 to 98.7. The food or drink has to pass certain parts of the Mother's digestive system to get to the placenta and subsequently feed the fetus. It doesn't just go straight to the baby, and then do so without changing temperature.
    Now, when it comes to dangerous chemicals, controlled substances ingested or inhaled, it can cause blindness. TIP: Do not get into a hot tub (Jacuzzi) while pregnant, especially the first trimester. In this case there can be fetal discomfort and subsequently distress.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 7:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope, not at all. I'm normally a spicy food wimp. Most pico de gallo is too spicy for me. While I was pregnant with my daughter that's all I craved, the spicier the better too. She's now 4 and not only has eagle eyes, she'll drink restaurant salsa out of the dish.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:23 PM on May. 11, 2011