Do you share your pictures on photo-sharing sites? Did you know your images could be sold?

And not to profit you, either ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/twitpic-copyright_n_860554.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:02 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Technology

• YEP!!!! that's why you should read the TOS of every site before you join it or upload material to it!!!!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sold for what exactly? I'm curious!
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 7:17 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Often the site you upload your pictures too has the right to them. So they (site) can sell them or use them for their own gain and profit.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, I use them. And yes I knew that. I don't honestly see the big deal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:25 PM on May. 11, 2011

• MMXI- here is an example if you read the TOS for Cafemom it states: The Site and all material published on the Site, including, but not limited to text, photographs, video, text, graphics, music, sounds, messages, comments, ratings, and other materials is owned by CafeMom or its licensors and is protected by copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, including under the United States copyright laws.

This means any picture you upload to CM is own by CM. (by uploading the picture you forfeit your copyright of the picture). This means that seeing CM owns the picture they can use it for ads, or sell to someone else for their (CM) gain.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:29 PM on May. 11, 2011