What chapter book should I read aloud to my daughter, at bed time?

Tonight, we read the last chapter of the book we have currently been working on! :) Anyone have suggestions for what we should read next?

I'm looking for something fun and fast paced, that we can both enjoy. The length of the book doesn't matter, nor does it matter whether or not it has pictures. She loves adventure, peril, magic, fairies, dragons, talking animals, etc. She also loves learning new things, and is very curious about other cultures, and "the olden days".

I look forward to your answers!

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 7:03 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• The enchanted forest chronichles starting with "dealing with dragons" is really fun.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Peter Pan, Little House books, Charlotte's Web, Tuck Everlasting, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory…
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• How old is she?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:11 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Chronicles of Narnia, The Boxcar Children, Ramona.....
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:11 PM on May. 11, 2011

• @mompam- I hesitated to give her age, because she so enjoys books that are meant for slightly older children. She is almost 5. The last book we read was Laura Ingalls Wilder's Farmer Boy and she LOVED every second of it.
    mama_moonsong

Comment by mama_moonsong (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Great suggestions so far!!! I am an eternal book nerd, so I can think of at least a million good books to read her, but I thought it couldn't hurt to branch out from what I know.
    For instance- i have never heard of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. :) I'll have to check it out.
    Many of you are on the same page as I am. Something by Roald Dahl or CS Lewis were my first instinct as well!
    mama_moonsong

Comment by mama_moonsong (original poster) at 7:21 PM on May. 11, 2011