• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else hate electric canopeners

haha I didnt until mine just died....it was old anyways....sooo off to the dollar store for a manual one....

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 7:07 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Technology

• nope I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE mine! I'm a lefty so I was going through manuals about once a month thanks to my "improper" use of it. Manuals are just not made for lefties!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I hate them but even manual ones cost a fortune at the closest store to me (Target)

Answer by admckenzie at 7:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i pretty much hate both of them lol one hurts ur hand and the other breaks easy....lol if only they all had pull up tops!
    awww im sorry that stinks i have a dollar tree and umm i loves it!!!! lol
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 7:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I HATE HATE HATE my electric. It's older and doesn't hold the can or open it by it's self. I have to make sure the blade is in perfectly and turn it manually while it's on..... my son got ahold of my manual one which I loved (it was from the dollar store lol) and broke it.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:20 PM on May. 11, 2011

• awwww that stinks!!!! haha dollar stores are awesome!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 7:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We bought an electric can opener from Target and 2 months later it was broken. IF I didn't stand there and babysit it to make sure the lid of the can was actually punctured it would do nothing but make noise. AND our manual crapped out on us to the other day.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:33 PM on May. 11, 2011

• that sucks!!!! thats usually what happens to the walmart ones I bought mine from qvc and its lasted a couple of years but it did the same to i had to make sure the can was being punctured as well....
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 7:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have never used an electric one. My manual is from pampered chef and is going on 8 years without any problems.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Woot! congrats!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 8:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Love the electric can opener. I keep a couple of manual ones in the drawer.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:50 PM on May. 11, 2011